[Catalog-sig] PyPI looks down

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat May 21 20:58:54 CEST 2011

Carl Meyer wrote:

>>> At least one has ;-)
>>>
>>> http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/index.html#mirror-support
>>
>> It install packages with C extensions yet?
>
> Sure, I do it every day. You just need a compiler.

... and all the external dependencies such a package may have.

pip really needs to support a binary format to be more user
friendly in this respect in order to completely replace
easy_install and make use of all the eggs on PyPI.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 21 2011)
2011-06-20: EuroPython 2011, Florence, Italy               30 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/