[Catalog-sig] trove - LGPL v3 not recognised?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Nov 15 02:06:12 CET 2011

On 11/13/2011 7:37 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> I would propose the following classifiers based on the common scenarios
> I see everyday:
>
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v2 (LGPLv2)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v3 (LGPLv3)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v2 or later (LGPLv2+)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v3 or later (LGPLv3+)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v2 (GPLv2)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v3 (GPLv3)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v2 or later (GPLv2+)
> License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v3 or later (GPLv3+)

Is the classifier depth limited to 3, or can we do instead add optional
fourth level classifiers :: v2, :: v2 or later, :: v3, and :: v3 or
later to the current three level classifiers.
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License (GPL)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Library or Lesser General Public License
(LGPL)

I am presuming that one can now search for 'OSI Approved', in which case
this alternative would make it possible to search for GPL or LGPL
without the fourth specifier.

--
Terry Jan Reedy