[Catalog-sig] PyPI mirrors are out of date

ken cochrane kencochrane at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 18:51:42 CEST 2012

Andreas,

I have added 'uploading to PyPI' and 'notifications' to my TODO list.

Question about the notifications.

1. Do you run one of the official PyPI mirrors?

2. How do you want to get notified? I'm thinking once a day, we look
to see which mirrors are older then 24 hours out of date, and if
stale, we send an email to the owner of that mirror.

3. How do we envision this working? Should we have one website that
monitors the mirrors and sends out 1 notification per day per mirror
to it's owner, or make it so that people can run their own monitoring
app and notify themselves for their own mirror?

4. Email sending: If we have a list of the maintainers for each
mirror, we can email them directly, or we can send one daily email to
this list, with all mirrors that are out of date and let the people on
this list manage contacting the people directly. Any preferences?

Ken