[Catalog-sig] PyPI mirrors are all up to date

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Apr 16 16:25:25 CEST 2012

Am 16.04.2012 15:44, schrieb Donald Stufft:
> fwiw I go back and forth on how I feel about this. For sure the client
> wants to select the mirror
> based on network performance to them. But I feel like if a mirror get's
> to be "stuck" and not
> updating that PyPI should at some point remove it from the pool (and
> notify the owner that it has done so)
> until it catches back up.

This is actually how it works. There may be differences though in what
the threshold for removal is. I'd personally set it to
a) trying to reach the operator at least three times, *and*
b) the mirror being outdated by more than six month (sic).

>From my own experience, I find it very plausible to not be able to
work on a problem for several months, so an outage by that time
doesn't bother me - as long as clients can reliably detect the outage.
If the mirror was corrupt in some other way (e.g. claiming to be
up-to-date even though it is not) is a different story; that could
cause immediate removal.