[Catalog-sig] What is the point of pythonpackages.com?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Feb 6 23:14:36 CET 2012

On 2/6/2012 3:25 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:

>> I've listed my reasons for not hosting on PyPI earlier here:
>>
>> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/catalog-sig/2011-May/003746.html
>>

>> Stefan Krah
> To address what was said here:
> 1) This is a valid complaint and should be brought up as a reason to
> amend the ToS (not particularly sure what the ToS is for PyPI tbh)

The previous discussion of the license and associated terms, after the
license was unilaterally revised, made it clear that hosting was a
service to authors made available on a take-it-or-leave-it basis with no
discussion wanted or considered. I remember the message as "If you do
not accept the new license, remove existing uploads and do not upload in
the future."

--
Terry Jan Reedy