[Catalog-sig] "testime" : package name conflict

Thomas Hulka thulka at discretelogics.com
Sun Jan 22 21:11:57 CET 2012

Hello,

We would like to publish an open source package on PyPI for our product
line "teatime". We would like to call the package teatime, but a package
with such name is already registered. The registered package is surely a
funny package but not of essential value for the python community and has
not been touched since submission many years ago, it appears to be more of
a trial to upload some code. The issue now is that package author Etienne
Robillard is not reachable under the email given here or under any email
address I found on the web. Is there any cleaning procedure that removes
packages from the repository if the authors email becomes invalid, the
package is hardly downloaded, of obvious limited value and not maintained
anymore?

Cheers
Thomas

--