[Catalog-sig] Fwd: Re: New pythonpackages.com service coming soon

martin at v.loewis.de martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jan 24 02:57:25 CET 2012

Pardon me for jumping in, but this isn't really the *specific* use-case
that Richard was asking for: AFAICT, you are *not* the owner of package
"foo" (that is owned by "munichlinux"), and I doubt that bar.com has any
interest in PyPI (as that primarily seems to collect bar jokes, both
of the "A guy walks into a bar" kind, and of the lawyer kind)

Plus, there isn't really a PyPI listing of any user, nor is there much
private information that anybody would want to get on PyPI (and for what
little private information there is, I can't see any use case for getting
it).