[Catalog-sig] pythonpackages.com beta security

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Fri Jul 20 07:07:09 CEST 2012

On 20 July 2012 14:37, Alex Clark <aclark at aclark.net> wrote:
> As for oauth, at least in my case, I'm looking for something that can be
> implemented very simply e.g.:
>

> - http://developer.github.com/v3/oauth/

That's OAuth2, which is quite unlike the OAuth1(a) that we
implemented. You cannot do OAuth1 with just requests, as far as I'm
aware. There's no documentation for PyPI OAuth as we're still waiting
for it to be used by someone to prove its usefulness.

There is, however, sample code in the pypi repository in the
oauth_test.py file that exercises the API. It uses the common oauth
library* with a convenience wrapper. This code is all you would need
to use the OAuth PyPI facility. I would be more than happy to help you
make use of it.

    Richard

* http://pypi.python.org/pypi/oauth