[Catalog-sig] Restart discussion on GNU Public License with version classifiers

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Mar 15 22:41:39 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last time there were discussions around whether to place the version
> information in a subsequent field.  Despite the discussion about this,
> a subsequent license has been added to the catalog where the version is
> included in the main string [3]_.
> .. [3]:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/catalog-sig/2012-January/004186.html

This was done to match the two existing entries:

License :: OSI Approved :: Mozilla Public License 1.0 (MPL)
License :: OSI Approved :: Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1)

So the following was added in the end:

License :: OSI Approved :: Mozilla Public License 2.0 (MPL 2.0)

I think an additional sub-namespace for GPL licenses doesn't really
add anything, so I'd be +1 on the proposal.

Hanno