[Catalog-sig] Restart discussion on GNU Public License with version classifiers

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:01:59 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:41:39PM +0100, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Last time there were discussions around whether to place the version
> > information in a subsequent field.  Despite the discussion about this,
> > a subsequent license has been added to the catalog where the version is
> > included in the main string [3]_.
> > .. [3]:
> > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/catalog-sig/2012-January/004186.html
>
> This was done to match the two existing entries:
>
> License :: OSI Approved :: Mozilla Public License 1.0 (MPL)
> License :: OSI Approved :: Mozilla Public License 1.1 (MPL 1.1)
>
> So the following was added in the end:
>
> License :: OSI Approved :: Mozilla Public License 2.0 (MPL 2.0)
>
> I think an additional sub-namespace for GPL licenses doesn't really
> add anything, so I'd be +1 on the proposal.

Two weeks with no objections raised.  Could we have the following added?

License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v2 (LGPLv2)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v3 (LGPLv3)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v2 or later (LGPLv2+)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Lesser General Public License v3 or later (LGPLv3+)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v2 (GPLv2)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v3 (GPLv3)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v2 or later (GPLv2+)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU General Public License v3 or later (GPLv3+)
License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Affero General Public License v3 or later (AGPLv3+)

Thank you,
-Toshio