[Catalog-sig] PyPI pull request

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:09:44 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

You're request and proposed action would be nice if it used Mercurial,
but it uses Git + GitHub and have
https://bitbucket.org/loewis/pypi/pull-request/1/fix-imports-add-logging-to-console-inabsolutely
no idea how to apply it to Mercurial + Bitbucket. If I understand you
correctly for every 7 commits in queue I need to make a separate clone
and commit it separately. That's far from the that beautiful promise
DVCS made. =)

All commits are available in pull request separately. If you take
another look at
https://bitbucket.org/loewis/pypi/pull-request/1/fix-imports-add-logging-to-console-in
you'll see there is an ongoing discussion over a questionable commit
with Martin. Feel free to comment on any revision. I can rework them
one by one on request if they are taking too much time to review.

Your wish is valid and well understood, but for specific big features.
For a series of small clean up changes such as this one this places a
more constrain on the person submitting changes. So unless there is a
comment that code is too complicated, I'd prefer to save this extra
time to polishing other aspects.

There are also 4 more commits in my copy waiting for this review to
complete, which I deliberately doesn't add to this request to