[Catalog-sig] Use user-specific site-packages by default?

Richard Jones richard at python.org
Wed Feb 6 04:36:29 CET 2013

On 6 February 2013 00:09, Donald Stufft <donald.stufft at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
> Anyone know which ones? scipy is the largest I know of, at 6-7 MB.
>
> Someone told me once (Richard maybe?) I think the one mentioned was
> one of the GUI toolkits? If there is one I'm sure there are others so if
> that
> is a direction that we decided to go in we'd need to plan for it.

We've had to increase the allowed file size a few times. Only once
(that I'm aware of) have we outright rejected an upload, but in that
case the uploader ended up trimming a bunch of garbage (build related
and not appropriate for distribution) from the upload file which
significantly reduced its size back to below our limit.

     Richard