[Catalog-sig] PyPI and setuptools

PJ Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Feb 12 19:56:56 CET 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Marcus Smith <qwcode at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for then making Distribute the default in virtualenv's (or the only
> option), there is a virtualenv issue for that.
> https://github.com/pypa/virtualenv/issues/217
> apparently there's an issue with "UAC elevation" on windows.
> that issue could use some help getting going...

There's a fix for the UAC issue in the current release of setuptools,
if that helps.

(Actually, I think it was put in a couple of releases ago.  Either
way, it should be in the setuptools commit logs from a few years ago.
There are a number of bugs like this that were fixed in setuptools
many years ago, but never merged by distribute; I don't think anybody
from distribute has been monitoring the setuptools tracker or
repository much since the original divergence.)