[Catalog-sig] Deprecate External Links

Donald Stufft donald.stufft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 10:01:20 CET 2013

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Donald Stufft wrote:

> https://crate.io/externally-hosted/ A list of things that have no files hosted on
> PyPI but have a release. This doesn't include things that uploads sometimes
> but not everytime (argparse for example the latest releases have not been
> uploaded to PyPI).

Sorted out a better way of seeing what would be effected by this change.

Here is a list of all versions that are currently installable via pip that
are not hosted on PyPI (and thus would be uninstallable if all external
links would be removed). This filters out projects that never existed
or are no longer installable due to issues with the external hosting.

I've also included the script I used to generate it.

https://gist.github.com/dstufft/5088915