[Catalog-sig] Access to Windows' cert store

Christian Heimes christian at python.org
Thu Mar 21 17:22:19 CET 2013

Am 21.03.2013 15:12, schrieb Antoine Pitrou:
> This is nice, but can you follow up on the bug tracker? It would be much
> more appropriate than catalog-sig.
>
> Also you shouldn't need to encode the certs into PEM format. AFAICT,
> SSL_CTX_get_cert_store(), d2i_X509_AUX() and X509_STORE_add_cert() should
> be sufficient.

The code is a proof-of-concept. I want to test the feature and provide
something that works without modification of Python stdlib code or a C
extension. It's the only viable option for PIP and setuptools as it
works out of the box.

For Python 3.4 I don't want to use ctypes or PEM. The crypt32 API
provides the certificates and CRLs either as PKCS#7 or DER binary data.
I'll update the ticket as soon as I'm done with testing.

Christian