[Catalog-sig] PyPI web interface UX (Was: API for uploading packages to PyPI)

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 09:26:25 CET 2013

OMG. I didn't even looked at the boxes. IMHO somebody should reduce the
amount of duplication and choices between menu and boxes. It is
really-really overburdened. For example, no need to say "use search above"
when it is evident the you need to find the button, or to use that "browse
all packages" link when it is actually a first item on the menu.

RSS should be moved out of scope of main menu. It is just "yikes!".
The whole menu section with links to main Python web site should be moved
out of place (is there a quick way to measure how many users follow these
links)?

Yes, I can send a patch if everyone agrees.
--
anatoly t.