[Catalog-sig] API for uploading packages to PyPI

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Mar 22 14:17:04 CET 2013

On 22.03.2013 13:38, anatoly techtonik wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 3:26 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

>>> I think you're not against renaming pages, but against renaming without
>>> redirects. In fact, if MoinMoin could automatically insert #REDIRECT
>>> directives when a page is renamed, then there won't be any problem like
>>> this at all. I hope that pydotorg@ or infrastructure@ have this item on
>>> their feature lists.
>>
>> You can add redirects from the page names you think are more
>> correct to the existing ones, but please don't rename the pages
>> themselves.
>

> You need to expand that, because I don't get it. Why do you want the
> canonical pages about PyPI JSON API to bear the name of PyPiJson? This name
> is hard to synthesize if you want to type in directly into the URL without
> waiting for the page to load to click a link or use search field.

It's not about which name I want. It's about the name of the page
that was used to add content and which has been around long enough
to assume that others have linked to it.

With the redirect from the new name to the existing one,
you get what you want and all others can continue to use
the existing name.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 22 2013)
2013-03-13: Released eGenix pyOpenSSL 0.13 ...    http://egenix.com/go39

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/