[CentralOH] Long time python programmer, first time Ohian... (Buckeye?)

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 04:19:27 CEST 2007

Hi, William, and welcome!

Well, we're pretty much an embryonic group right now - the main purpose of
the mailing list is to keep track of each other so we can start to plan for
some events.  With luck, eventually we'll start up regular meetings once
we've got enough people to form critical mass.

Sorry, we named the group centralOH, which doesn't sound all that inviting
to Cinci folks.  But not-cleveland at python.org would be a little clumsy.
Hopefully you won't be the only Cinci person involved.  Oh!  You just
reminded me - I have to follow up with a PyCon contact who said he knew some
Cincinnati Pythonistas.

In the meantime, the mission is to get that critical mass... so let
everybody who might be interested in the mailing list know about it.  And
kidnap innocent children and brainwash them into the joys of Python.

Actually, I've got some brainwashing coming up - I'm repeating that intro to
Python talk I gave at Dayton Perl Mongers this coming Friday at a Wright
State ACM chapter meeting.  Wish me luck!  In the meantime, the Mongers have
scheduled a Ruby speaker for April.  Turncoats.  ;)

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/