[CentralOH] Ohio LinuxFest

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:32:52 CEST 2008

Hey everybody,

Remember, talk submissions for Ohio Linuxfest are due August 15.  Got
something to delight the FOSS crowd (and maybe expose them to some
Python, too)?  Submit it!

http://ohiolinux.org/

The Fest is Oct. 10-11 in Columbus.

I'm trying to think of a talk I could submit myself... I'd take suggestions!

Also, here's an idea I'm scheming on - not as a formal talk:

Would folks be interested in a table at Ohio LinuxFest to publicize
Python and PyOhio?

Here's what I'm imagining:

- Table
- Friendly volunteer to chat about python or whatnot
- Laptop with big screen, running demos of nifty Python tricks (I can
supply this)
- PyOhio flyers
- Info sheets to hand out: What is Python, Getting Started with Python, ...
- Highly affordable swag:
   "Python" stickers (like the ones from PyCon)*
   Uh... PyOhio postcards?

Then, to capitalize on it all, we offer an intro Python workshop late
in the day.

Other ideas?

More importantly, volunteers to staff the booth?  We should have
multiple volunteers, so no one person has to give up too much
LinuxFest.  Of course, staffing the booth should be worthwhile in
itself.

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/