[CentralOH] parsing Windows command line output

Eric Lake ericlake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 13:52:49 CEST 2008

I have been looking for a way to monitor a Windows cluster that we
have at work. I was really hoping for a good wmi class that I could
use from my XP machine to do it but I have not been lucky finding one.
I did however come across the 'cluster' command. I am thinking that I
could just call that from within my python code and parse the output
to get what I need. I want to get all of the data from the output and
then put it in a database. I can not see how to split the lines up
though. It would be easy if it was comma delimited but it seems to use
a varying number of spaces. My only thought is that I could do a split
on anything that is more than 2 spaces.

The output of the command is in the attached file.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lake