[CentralOH] Idle / Gnome

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Mon Mar 10 14:10:58 CET 2008

I'm not sure if this is a Python / Idle or a Gnome issue.

I'm using Idle under Ubuntu Dapper with Gnome 2.14.3.  I will often have
several files open in Idle. Each opens in it's own window. Each window
has an icon in the bottom panel on the screen. I can use those icons to
select among the various windows, particularly when the window is
covered by another window.

It used to be that each window had its own icon, but now sometimes the
icons combine into a single 'Top Level' icon.  This only happened after
I started playing with Gnome desktop themes, but I can't seem to find a
way to turn it off.  There seems to be no logic (that I have discovered)
to when the icons combine. For example, yesterday, I had 10 or so
windows open, each with it's own icon, going all the way across the
panel. This morning, I have just 4 windows open and they are combined.

Mark