[CentralOH] PyOhio

Brandon Mintern bmintern at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:20:02 CET 2008

I really doubt that significant space will be found at OSU. I'm a grad
student there, and the CS department is approximately 2 buildings, and
I believe there is exactly one class which actually uses Python, and
it's not a major course. With all the construction that is going on
right now, some of the best meeting places -- the main library and the
student union -- are shut down for at least another year. The Open
Source Club meets in a small room that holds about 40-50 (cramped)
people. The CS graduate poster sessions are actually held in the new
Architecture building, where there are some nice open spaces.

I hope I'm not sounding too negative; I just can't think of anywhere
that even a small conference could be held in the CS area of OSU's
campus. Just a heads up.

Brandon