[CentralOH] [clepy] PyOhio

Martin Hebrank mhebrank at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:52:58 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Catherine Devlin
<catherine.devlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  That sounds good, but my be short notice. If we don't think we can pull
> it together by then we can have it as an extension to LinuxFest (suggested
> by a NOOSS guy).
> >

>  That's certainly a possibility, although will OLF need to reserve
> convention center space for extra time to accomodate us?  Will that cost
> them, will they want $ from us for that?  Anybody here involved in OLF
> organization?
>
> What do people think of freestanding vs. attached to OLF?

a) I'm the NOOSS guy. *waves*

2) I think "attached" is being misconstrued. I'm not saying it has to
be orginizationally attached. Or, that the have to do anything for it
(but if they can help out it would be great for us). I'm talking about
temporally and spacially attached. So, just say October 10th or 12th
in Columbus. Many people are probably already planning on being in
Columbus for the event at that time. It simply seems to make sense to
ride that wave and extend it to include Python. If there's anywhere in
Columbus that'll host us for a day, and everyone can chip in to buy
pizza then we can do it right then. If we can't find a place to host
us, maybe we can chip in and get a conference room from a hotel in the
area.

Who knows, maybe we'll start a trend of mini OSS cons surrounding the event.

** Martin