[CentralOH] meta class confusion with PyDev

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Thu Dec 24 18:36:19 CET 2009

I'm using PyDev 1.5.3 and if I'm not doing something wrong (which is likely), I've found a bug in it's parsing.

I have a class with a metaclass. In the metaclass constructor, a couple of class variables are created and initialized. In PyDev, lines referencing these variables are flagged as an error with the message "Undefined variable from import".  The code runs properly.

I'm guessing that the PyDev parser isn't finding the fields that are dynamically added to the class definition.  Is there a way that I can help it find them?

It's been a while since I worked out the metaclass and I need to revisit how that all works together. The only think I know is that it works perfectly in applications.

Mark