[CentralOH] Anyone heard of executil

Bryan Harris harrisbw at notes.udayton.edu
Thu Feb 26 05:02:34 CET 2009

Chris,
I pulled the included archive from an rpm at:
http://fedora.inode.at/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/Packages/rhpl-0.219-1.i386.rpm

I tried alien to generate a deb, but it installed in the python2.6 directory
which I don't have.  I then took the contents of the archive I have included
and stuck it in my /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages

I only tested 1 function to make sure it worked properly, but it did work.  If
there's any python 3 syntax in there this could give you errors.

So to sum up, do this:

cd /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages
tar zxvf <path-to>rhpl.tar.gz
cd ~
cat test_executil.py
python test_executil.py

If the test script lists the contents of your directory, then it works the
same for you as it did for me.

Have fun,
Bryan

--