[CentralOH] Borland C++ Builder and Python

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Fri Feb 27 00:25:03 CET 2009

I have taken over maintenance of a program written in Borland C++
Builder 5.0. Eventually, I would like to rewrite the whole thing in
Python, but in the meantime, is there a way combine the two in the same
executable so I can add new pieces in Python?  At one time there was
work on a component that would allow you to embed Python in Delphi (and
presumably C++ builder).

I've never compiled Python from source, and I don't even know how hard
it would be to compile with Borland C++.

The thing I really need is Python data structures such as lists and
dictionaries. Is a library for C++ that provides data structures such as
these?

Thanks,
Mark