[CentralOH] Oct Meeting Website Notes

Nick Albright nick.albright at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 21:48:20 CET 2009

Hello Folks!

So here are the notes from the website portion of the Oct Meeting!

*Website Objectives
*Connect with others who use python
Increase python knowledge

*Website Features*
Upcoming Events
    (Model after "Full Year Calendar" Yahoo widget)
Sponsors
    Sponsor for next meeting could be at the top (Reward continue doing)
    Previous sponsors listed next
Meeting notes
    Meeting videos/pictures

Members to submit and vote on meeting talks
Website Suggestions
Book List
    We could do a lending interface as a project here

Links to other python groups
User Pages
    List of their projects
Member list
Latest Updates on the website
Enticements to join the website/membership benefits
Interface for 'admin' users to post to twitter account

Way to communicate/ask questions on code/code review
    Forum
Wiki
Blog
Python Tutorials!  (People love!)
    Example code (Should be working/complete)
Monthly Top 10 Factiods (My handwriting is a bit tough here, I think that is
right = )
Podcasts
List of Local Companies that use python and are hiring

*Website Framework
*We talked about using Google Apps as the place to host, since it is so
closely tied to django and is a great price.  And using Bitbucket as the
repository.

We are shooting for at a minimum have the framework setup by the next
meeting and ready for a possible sprint.  And with any luck, perhaps stuff
done by then and a possible sprint.

Any concerns on going with Google Apps and Bitbucket?

*Action Items*
1) Setup Google Apps/see how well it works - I'd be willing to get this done
in the next week
2) Determine what features to implement first!

I hope people have made it this far!  = )  The question is, what are the top
3 features you'd like to see implemented on the website first?

Thanks Everyone! :)
 -Nick

--

P.S. Any spelling mistakes are not those of the author, as he can't spell.