[CentralOH] Sphinx

Yung-Yu Chen yyc at seety.org
Wed Nov 11 22:19:21 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 13:30, James - Atlantix <james at atlantixeng.com>wrote:

>  Yung-Yu;
>

> Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the website for epydoc and it seems
> somewhat straight forward to use. I notice the epydoc has variable
> docstrings delineated by “ #:”

I have never added docstrings for variables inside a function/method.  I am
sorry that I am not sure what do you mean by variable docstrings.

With epytext (the default markup in epydoc), I usually put document for
class and/or instance variables in the docstrings for the class definition.
Docstrings for function/method arguments (param) and/or keywords are also
useful to me.

> Can you comment on how “cluttered” or “clean” your Python source code is
> when you add all the docstrings? I am pretty strict not overburdening the
> source code with too much documentation.

Since I've never put dosctrings "inside" the body of functions/methods, my
source code is very clean.  I guess I can have a good score in pylint :-)

yyc