[CentralOH] Python IDE

Nick Albright nick.albright at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 22:49:20 CET 2009

My regular editing tends to be remote linux boxes/ssh so I use emacs for
most of my python editing.  However, I did try out Wing and really quite
liked it.  I'd recommend trying out their 30 day trial and seeing for
yourself.  = )

Peace,
 -Nick

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Bryan Harris <bryan.harris at udri.udayton.edu
> wrote:

> Hi all,
> What editors do people on here prefer? I use a combination of vi and gedit,
> but sometimes I yearn for the intelligent auto-completion which I get in an
> IDE like eclipse with Java. (Eclipse pydev is so slow it's completely
> unusable.) Is WingIDE worth getting for this reason?
> Thanks,
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Harris
> Research Engineer
> Structures and Materials Evaluation Group
> http://www.udri.udayton.edu/

P.S. Any spelling mistakes are not those of the author, as he can't spell.