[CentralOH] Python IDE

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:41:04 CET 2009

Wing is definitely my favorite.

I did have a surprisingly pleasant experience with NetBeans, though - it's
got all the nice stuff, and great support for refactoring - I might use
NetBeans in the future when I'm in a refactoring part of the cycle.  One
fatal flaw keeps it from being my favorite: its debugger seems to have no
"ignore this exception location" option - debugging *always* stops when any
exception is encountered, even one that's trapped immediately - so it's
impossible to debug code that relies on EAFP (Easier to Ask Forgiveness than
Permission) techniques - which I do.

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/