[CentralOH] Python Visual Problem in Ubuntu 9.10

Bryan Harris bryan.harris at udri.udayton.edu
Mon Nov 16 19:21:13 CET 2009

Hi all,
Does anybody have visual working in ubuntu 9.10?  I get a segfault when I try
to import visual.  It also won't build from the ubuntu source and I wonder if
the problem is related.  I get the same behavior on two machines so I don't
think it's just this machine.  It could be something I did since I administer
both machines though.  Could somebody else with an Ubuntu 9.10 machine check
this out?

python
Python 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Nov  2 2009, 14:38:03)
[GCC 4.4.1] on linux2
>>> import visual
Segmentation fault

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/482294