[CentralOH] Central Ohio Python User's Group: October 26 Meeting

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Thu Oct 8 03:25:43 CEST 2009

Meet fellow Pythonistas. Learn about the Python programming language.
Share your experiences with Python and how it has helped you. Have
fun! All are possible as a member of the Central Ohio Python User's
Group.

Please RSVP for this meeting at:
http://www.meetup.com/Central-Ohio-Python-Users-Group/calendar/11426002/

At this meeting James Bonanno of Atlantix Engineering will be talking
about "Electronic Design Automation with Python", including
integrating with COM, Excel, and Mentor Graphics. This talk will
describe how James used Python to extract valuable information from
one piece of software, manipulate it, and then write it to another
piece of software using COM on Windows.

In addition to James, we will also have time for lightning talks and
to talk about the cohy.org website project. There is wifi at
TechColumbus, so bring your laptops.

Pop and snacks will be provided by Intellovations.

We've gotten two more books from O'Reilly for the library: Learning
Python (which comes in at over 1000 pages) and Collective
Intelligence. Also, WingWare has generously offered a 50% discount on
WingIDE to group members...come to the meeting to get the deal.

See you there!
Eric