[CentralOH] SheevaPlug - Python app right out of the box!

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Thu Apr 1 15:03:43 CEST 2010

Has anyone in the COhPy messed with a SheevaPlug? This is a "plug computer" that comes preloaded with a version of Ubuntu 9.04 and, more importantly, Python 2.5 is installed. I have a small (but useful) web-based app written using webpy. I simply copied the files to a USB memory stick. Once I mounted the memory stick on the SheevaPlug, I issued the command 'python main.py' and my app was off an running. Pretty cool!

I have a question related to my webpy app.  Is there some python code for determining the IP address on which it is listening?  When the webpy app runs, it always displays http://0.0.0.0:8080/.  I end up having to use ifconfig to get the IP address.

Mark