[CentralOH] Django or Pylons in GAE

William McVey wam at cisco.com
Fri Feb 26 16:13:03 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 07:09 -0500, Austin Godber wrote:
> I would hate to start a project using one framework and then have the
> patch I am depending on disappear or fall hopelessly behind.

I'm not going to touch the django vs. pylons troll-bait, but I can tell
you that I was the app-engine open space at PyCon and the future of
Django on GAE seems to be django-nonrel. The google guy leading the open
space (head of developer relations for app-engine product) had good
things to say about it. More details are at:

The old patch directly against Django seems like it still would work
(obviously), but isn't where the future lies.

  -- William

P.S. I don't know anything about gae and pylon integration.