[CentralOH] pip requirements file -- specify github source

Issac Kelly issac.kelly at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 20:17:54 CET 2010

I don't think that you can, I think that You have to change that by hand.

It would probably be worth filing a ticket with pip though

Issac Kelly

On Nov 13, 2010, at 2:12 PM, Austin Godber <godber at gmail.com> wrote:

So I like using the pip freeze requirements files ... does anyone happen to
know if I can specify that a specific lib come from a github source?

pip freeze offers no indication that a package comes from github if you do
something like:

pip install -e git+git://
github.com/godber/django-fields.git#egg=django-fields

It still just shows up as:

django-fields==0.1.1

Austin