[CentralOH] Austin's Thing Of the Month - Windmill - Automated in Browser Testing

Austin Godber godber at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 01:14:43 CEST 2010

It is very similar to selenium, though has a few differences like
integration with firebug for debugging, its IDE runs in any browser
and an interactive python shell ... the full feature list is here:
http://www.getwindmill.com/features

I really want to use a BDD type framework that drives an actual
browser ... like pyccuracy ... but I still can't get the darn thing to
run.  I don't think I have tried on anything but linux at this point.
I use their recommended installation method (git checkout, then link
into your site-packages directory), then I follow this quick start:

http://github.com/heynemann/pyccuracy/wiki/Quick-Start

It gets so far along, but then when it comes to actually clicking the
button it just doesn't manage to wait for the next page to load ... it
doesn't look like it actually does the POST even.

I may end up using Lettuce ...
http://lettuce.it/recipes/django-lxml.html It has the BDD workflow
that I am looking for but unfortunately it simulates a browser rather
than using a real one.

Austin

Austin