[CentralOH] Click To Run Technology Microsoft -- Python Problems -- COM/OLE

James - Atlantix james at atlantixeng.com
Wed Oct 6 03:14:00 CEST 2010

It turns out that newer Microsoft products employ "click to run" technology
that actually creates a virtual hard disk where components of the software
are installed on a JIT basis. This causes problems with add on software,
such as Python / VBA, etc. I've received good treatment from Microsoft tech
support and am now downloading a version of Office which does not have this
click to run technology. The previous version did create a phantom "Q" drive
on my system. Has anyone else had Python quite accessing Excel or Word due
to these issues? Thanks, James