[CentralOH] Group Library

Nick Albright nick.albright at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 15:58:54 CEST 2010

It has been many moons, but I know I loved the Python in a Nutshell book.
 Great for people who are experience programmers, and just need to get up on
the language specifics.

After I had a basic hold of syntax and such, the most used reference was the
"Python Quick Reference":

http://rgruet.free.fr/PQR26/PQR2.6.html

I'm madly in love with that page..

And then for the gritty details, can't go wrong with the python
module/library docs online.

That's all I got!
 -Nick "You ask for book, I give you book + web!"

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Eric Floehr <eric at intellovations.com>wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> The library our group has of O'Reilly books has been a very popular
> resource.  I think everyone who has used it has benefited.
>
> I regularly get asked questions like "What books do you recommend to
> [learn/grow/do X] in Python?"  I would love to be able to respond better to
> those questions based on your real world experience with the books.
>
> Soooo... if you have checked out a book from the library, please consider
> posting a message to the list with your impressions, or even a full review.
>  Anything that would help guide people in their book selection.
>
> And if you think it is particularly crafty, also consider posting the
> review on the O'Reilly web site.  This will help keep the books coming!
>

> We have a new non-Python-specific book for our library this month:
> "Beautiful Visualization".  It looks awesome!
>

> Thanks so much!
> Eric

Please note that as of 1/20 I no longer have a land phone line, only my
cell.