[CentralOH] Templates

James - Atlantix james at atlantixeng.com
Mon Oct 25 08:20:56 CEST 2010

I have been using Mako very successfully lately for autogeneration of VHDL
code  . . . sort of like generating C++ code with Python directives, if you
will. ( don't know how many people are familiar with VHDL.) I get a little
frustrated looking at all the Python template engines . . .and all the
examples are for HTML. Cheetah often talks about how it can be used to
generate things other than HTML, but doesn't really have any examples. I
found Jinja2 a little too complicated for my purposes, and Evoque promises
to be better than Mako but what I found was the Mako documentation as very
thorough and useful . . . . and of course there is the homespun Tempita
template language. But what I have found is that among the big three
(Jinja2, Mako, Genshi) I prefer Mako . . . Of course, this may deserve a
"survey" if Eric wants to facilitate one . . . Thanks, James