[CentralOH] Templates

Issac Kelly issac.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:02:00 CEST 2010

I guess, what I want to know, is what problem with manually making your VHDL
are you trying to solve by templating it?

There are other methods of creating source code in python, and those might
be better suited, as most templating languages are made for markup languages
like PDF, or LaTex or, as you noted, HTML.

There are options like this:
http://effbot.org/zone/python-code-generator.htm  Where you could still be
very explicit, but use things like string comprehension, and other powerful
python functions to create.

Also while looking for something else, I stumbled on Cheetah, which claims
to be a code generating templating language.

I for one can't wait for python on a chip to get a bit more mature.