[CentralOH] Custom Compilers

James - Atlantix james at atlantixeng.com
Tue Oct 26 19:38:20 CEST 2010

I think it possible to build customer parser/generators (or declarative
compilers, as I call them) with Python . . .

I once did a project with about 20,000 lines of Perl code that parsed a
Simulink diagram, linked, and generated VHDL from that by linking to
pre-established VHDL libraries . . . .

Python's ease of object orientation and structure is a bit better for that,
although regex handling in Perl is still a "bit" more powerful in some cases
. . . but I haven't written a line of Perl code in 3.5 years now since using
Python . . .