[CentralOH] rst based presentations (was: Re: ATOM Source and)

William McVey wam at cisco.com
Tue Oct 26 21:15:48 CEST 2010

A couple of years ago I, and a few PyOhio sprinters, worked on a tool
called rst2odp*. It converts reStructuredText to OpenOffice's Presenter
format. I liked it a lot better than S5, as Presenter allows you much
more control of the display and transitions. I was also much more
confident in Presenter's ability to rescale my slide deck to alternate
resolutions needed by projectors and video capture devices, than S5's
rescaling ability. rst2odp can be found in the docutils sandbox and from
pypi.

  -- William

* To be clear, we sprinted on improving rst2odp. It wasn't something we
invented or anything.