[CentralOH] Can you help with Server/Scalability challenges at huge social gaming site?

Grace Law grace at lolapps.com
Sat Sep 18 00:05:52 CEST 2010

Hi there,

If you are interested in working in San Francisco, my HR manager said we can
relocate you :)

We are a 2 year old, cash flow positive social gaming / Facebook App
company.   About 40 people now and plan to get to 60-70 in the next 6 to 12
months.   Big Python/Pylons shop building high quality Flash games.  You can
find out how we scaled from 0 to 50 million users from this video at the
last PyCon.
http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/schedule/event/135/  :)

We're looking for a seasoned performance engineer to do more of that.   Feel
free to email me for more details.

Cheers,

Grace
---------------
More details here:

Python Server/Scalability Engineer

http://lolapps.com is looking for a seasoned performance engineer.  You know
the thrill and the terror of an unexpected traffic storm that's railed your
application.  You think on your feet, adapt and make a genius patch that
let's your servers hold to see out the storm, then hit the whiteboard to
start architecting a solution that will handle the next storm with ease.

Ideally, you:
* Love python and can code it in your sleep.
* Working knowledge of Linux, scripting, and SQL.
* Understand when MySQL is great and experiment with NoSQL solutions
(Memcached/Mongo/Redis/Cassandra)
* Know how to put together a web-application stack. (We use Pylons/Paste.)
* Enjoy bouncing ideas of your teammates to build up solutions no one person
could of thought up by themselves.
* Care about your implementations and find yourself compulsively checking
that your latest experimental deploy is working the way you thought it
would.

You'll get to:

* Work in an innovative space that is expanding into a billion dollar
industry.
* Design and implement large chunks of scalability features.
* Help make key infrastructure decisions (databases, replication layouts,
caching solutions, etc.).
* Experiment with the newest emerging open-source technologies.
* Test your ideas and strategies out on millions of users and enormous data
sets.
* Head up a small team of experienced engineers (if you are willing and
able).
* Have fun.  Play ping pong, foosball, video games.
* Eat. We buy your lunches.

Click <a href="http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oQ3mVfwU&s=PythonUserGroup">here</a>
to apply.