[CentralOH] Notes for last night

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 30 17:15:12 CEST 2011

Eric Floehr needs folks to staff the Python booth at Ohio Linux

Ohio Linux Festival https://ohiolinux.org/ September 9-11
Paul Frields' "Graduating to GUI: PyGObject for Beginners"
is good according to someone who had already seen it elsewhere.

Using LCD projectors

Before meeting, I need to practice using my laptop with various
displays, so that I can quickly adjust to whatever LCD projector
is available.

Display needs to be viewable to people in the last row, so:

   Use big fonts

   About 24 lines of text should fill screen.

   640x480 or 800x600 makes graphics viewable to folks in last row.

[OT] stuff follows

vimtutor is a command available on many Linux distributions.

local vim group as mentioned last night