[CentralOH] PyCharm

Daniel 'Dang' Griffith pythondevdang at lazytwinacres.net
Fri Jun 3 21:51:46 CEST 2011

Do any of y'all use the PyCharm IDE? I've used Notepad++ for quite a while,
and am moderately happy with it, but find myself wishing it had a little
more "awareness" of Python. I know there is a Python plugin for Eclipse, but
I've always found the Eclipse UI intimidating. I haven't looked seriously at
Komodo, only because of the price (it might be worth $300, but for that
much, I want something less language-specific, like SlickEdit or UltraEdit).

PyCharm is only $100 for an individual-developer license, and I think that's
pretty reasonable for what it seems to do. I haven't downloaded the demo; I
might do that this weekend.

But I'd rather hear feedback from any of you who have tried it, whether you
liked it or not. And if you did, what feature(s) did you particularly like
or dislike?

Thanks,
    --dang
p.s.
I still am in mourning for the loss of Premia/Borland/Inprise/Embarcadero's
CodeWright.