[CentralOH] Python and Cython

James -- Atlantix james at atlantixeng.com
Tue Mar 29 21:48:42 CEST 2011

Relative to some of the earlier comments today, one suggestion for securing
programs written in Python is to use either Pyrex or Cython.

We here have come to the conclusion that this is the best method for
"securing" sections of our GUIs. One can disassemble .pyd files into
assembly code, but this is a far better situation that getting .py files
back from .pyc.

If anyone out there has used Pyrex or Cython extensively, would like to know
if you ever disassembled a compiled .pyd file.

Thanks,

James