[CentralOH] May Meeting

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Tue May 10 19:20:48 CEST 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Eric Floehr wrote:

> All,
>
> A couple of notes:
>

> 1. The May meeting will be a week earlier than expected (May 23) because of Memorial Day.
>

> 2. I haven't heard back from one of the fellows who offered to speak for May, so I'm opening up to suggestions.  Here are a couple, unless a speaker comes forward:
>
>         a. A dojoe, going through a chapter of Learn Python or another book.
>
>         b. Hackathon... just doing some Python hacking together on whatever projects people bring.
>
>         c. Lightning talks.
>
>         d. A COhPy social... we just meet someplace and eat and drink.
>

> Let me know if you have any ideas!

Eric,

After hearing a report from Scott Scites about pair programming at the dojoe, I'd like to have an opportunity to watch or participate in a pair programming exercise.

I'd be interested in some short demos of tools that folks use for Python development, either a full-blown IDE or an editor with plug-ins. I've been doing a lot of work with Eclipse/PyDev and would be willing to show off what little I've learned.

Mark