[CentralOH] WSGI Friendly Hosting

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Tue Nov 15 19:45:03 CET 2011

On Nov 15, 2011, at 1:35 PM, Len Jaffe wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Mark Erbaugh <mark at microenh.com> wrote:
> Issac,
>
> Thanks for the information.  I have one website for a volunteer non-profit where we sometimes need to submit the applicant's personal information. The only thing in that process that isn't public information is the SSN.  I've donated the hosting but didn't want to pay the extra if I didn't have to.
>
> If I do buy a static IP address and SSL certificate for a single domain, would it be possible to maintain multiple non-secure domains that link to webpages under the secure domain when they need secure transfers, or would that be a lot of work to save $4 a month?
>

> I just want to make sure that you are aware that Dreamhost offers "free hosting for life" for non-profits. All you need is to send them a copy of your 501c3.
> It is a standard hosting account. Not crippled in any way.  I use them for free hosting for a boy scout troop and an elementary school PTA.
> Lowering your cost to 0 for hosting could make it cost effective to add a static IP.
> Len

Len,

Thanks, I didn't know that. Unfortunately, the group I'm working with is not a 501(c)3. It's non-profit only in the sense that it doesn't charge for its services, and while the costs are kept low, they are borne by the volunteers themselves.  For example, most of the software they use, I wrote and donated.

Mark