[CentralOH] Python + Open/Libre Office

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:15:55 CET 2011

Howdy Everybody...

As I was preparing my household budget for 2012, I decided to use Python to
automate some of the acrobatics involved with my spreadsheet.  It's
actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Python

In my workbook, I have a base "Builder" worksheet with named ranges for
expenses, income, etc.  What I wanted to do was create an additional
worksheet for each of the 26 pay periods in the year.  Then, I thought I'd
get fancy and link each worksheet, so that extra money left over from one
pay period is automatically linked to the next worksheet.

The Python script is attached for the curious.  I can provide the
spreadsheet on request.  I'd welcome any suggestions for improvement, as I
haven't dabbled in Python for quite a while and I'm excited to get back
into it.

Cheers,
-JK