[CentralOH] Stackless Python & Ubuntu

Jay Shaffstall jshaffstall at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:05:11 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:55 PM, James -- Atlantix
<james at atlantixeng.com> wrote:
> I guess the overall question would be: go stackless or PyPy for distributing
> a large simulation over a network?

We didn't get to the point in our simulation of distributing nodes
across the network (that was the next step, but expected funding
didn't materialize).  So I can't comment on how Stackless works in
that environment, but it worked well in a single machine.

Our plan had been to use MPI for communication between machines, and
Stackless for scheduling coroutines on a single machine.

PyPy hadn't had Stackless-style support when we were doing our initial
work, so I can't comment on how complete that is.

Jay